AllThingsD was reported, Apple will hold a special event this month for smaller iPad, which is dubbed as iPad mini. on Oct.23. After the next generation iPhone is out the door and sale, Apple now working on smaller iPad.
Sources say the iPad mini will feature a 7.85-inch liquid-crystal display and a Lightning connector. Another rumors is the iPad mini will be only be available as a Wi-Fi model.
“One can suspect that there will be no baseband [3G and 4G radio] processor in the iPad mini, as Apple will look to the cost reduction of eliminating that chip and the corresponding baseband power amplifiers.” writes Allan Yogasingam, technical research manager at UBM TechInsights.
Before that, Steve Jobs didn’t think that a smaller iPad was a good idea but now Apple follow tablet’s trend. Analyst said that an iPad mini would be a cheaper and more convenient alternative for educators,children and price-sensitive consumers.
- iPad mini will look more like iPhone than iPad: reports
- Asian Sources Say The iPad Mini Will Be Called ‘The iPad Mini’?
- Photos of an iPad Mini engineering sample provide hints at the iPad Mini design
- Rumor: iPad mini is manufactured by Foxconn Brazil?
- Apple expected to launch small iPad 7-8 inch this autumn