Imitation is normal in computer media world, Android OS imitate Apple iOS, Google Plus imitate Facebook in early appearance. As Pinterest gains more attraction in the social media world, it may have triggered Facebook to see what the company is doing well. Inside Facebook reported Thursday, Facebook seemed to be trying to replicate Pinterest in one case.
Facebook is testing a new layout for open graph application stories. The change apparently makes stories a little more noticeable when they hit news feeds. According to Inside Facebook, clicking on a photo takes users to the third-party website or app page. Users also have options when they hover over the image, such as commenting.
It might look a little familiar to those who love to pin things (via Mashable):
- Pinterest Google Graveyard, where the failed Google products kept in memories
- Facebook’s Want Button under development
- Workshop: Cara nak Disable Auto Tag Photo di Facebook
- Another trick using fake Facebook emails to redirect users to their page
- Workshop: Menukar setting dan UI Facebook dengan Better Facebook